Friday, December 02, 2005

The AWWWWW Factor


So last night, I went over to my bosses house to visit with her little boys who are 16 months old. I call them my nephews, since I am an only child and until the TheSisters start having children, I only have the little monkeys (as I call them). Back to the story at hand. They are at the age (see above) that they don't want to be cuddled, they are independent little boys, you know the story. But last night the two of them did the cutest thing ever. I was sitting indian style on the living room floor enjoying a catalog (I love the holiday season for the catalogs alone), and Will (the chicken on the left) came over with a book in his hand and crawled in to my lap so that I could read it to him. Reading for them consists of partial sentences I manange to squeeze out while they flip the pages back and forth. Jack (the chicken on the right) waddles over not more than 1 minute late and turns around, backs up and plops himself down in my lap. I now can barely read because I am overcome by the sheer cuteness of this situation. It put the biggest smile on my face. So here I have the two of them sitting on my lap, flipping pages back and forth and giggling. Seriously, the cutest thing ever. I had to call BestFriend Tiff after I left. :)

2 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Those glasses are so adorable! The phrase "too cool for school" comes to mind...

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Ok first off, those duck outfits are the cutest things ever. I can't wait to have kids to dress up like that! Secondly, I call my nephews monkeys too....I have so many nieces and nephews, and I know what your talking about, when they surprise you by doing something so cute like that, its all you can do not to cry. My monkey the other week randomly goes "Aunt Becky, I love you"
I love kids!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home