Thursday, January 18, 2007

Don't Worry

I haven't stopped taking pictures, I promise. With being sick all last weekend, my grandmother in the hospital due to a major stroke and then her unfortunate passing, its been a little crazed. I spent last night with my dad, uncle, aunt and friend, having dinner and chatting. We stumbled over old photos of my childhood, my cousins and the nine million trips my grandparents took. It was fun to look back on these faded memories. I had forgotten that I saw my cousins alot, they both live in CT now and I see them if I am lucky once every few years. I had also forgotten how well traveled my Grandparents were. In the past 5 to 7 years with declining health, the death of my grandfather, they didn't travel. But before then they had visited the entirety of western Europe and Italy, and almost all of the eastern seaboard.

While I was never close to my grandparents, I do feel for my father, who now has no parents. No matter what their relationship, I can't imagine not having parents. I know its inevitable, parents don't live forever, but its not something you think about.

So that is what I have been up to. Hopefully tonight I will be able to sit and post my pics :).

1 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Michele said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma. Take care of your dad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home