Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Baby!

After a cold winter, the babies they are a coming. Tis the season for wedding bells and new life brought in to the world and as BestFriend Tiff mentioned our group is no exception. Ok except for the wedding bells, unless my friends are holding out. Our nearest and dearest Angie is a proud momma to be. And what do proud momma’s to be get???? Baby showers!!!! And I am so lucky I get to go to TWO (yes, that was said with heavy sarcasm)! No offense Angie, I love you but you also know how I feel about being on my best behavior. I am not as entertaining!
I am looking forward to Angie’s because I will know everyone and they already love me and can’t change their mind. I forbid it J. However the second shower I have been invited to is with coworkers ( gasp or maybe that is a shudder!). This translates to putting on my business professional face, limiting my alcohol intake to one glass of whatever, and participating in the games. Not only that but sitting through the present opening. I think I find this so uncomfortable because I hate being in the spotlight when opening gifts. I want to open them at home in privacy. But more than that the poor mom to be has to be excited about breast pumps, diaper genies, and peepee tee pee*( I will explain below). And can I tell how uncomfortable I feel about giving breast pumps and the necessary accessories for the beginning stages of babyhood? Congratulations here is a breast pump and no I was not thinking about your breasts when I bought it. And yes I can be a prude sometimes. Of course there are other items that can be bought that are much cuter and of course I will be buying those. But really what I want to get the mom to be is something for her. Like a gift certificate for a pedicure, because after having that baby WOOHOOO you can see your toes again. But you know that isn’t on the registry. ;)

So this weekend I will brave Babies’ R Us for something that doesn’t have to do with boobs, diapers, or peepees.

* A Pee Pee Tee Pee is a fabric cone that goes over the Pee pee while you are changing your baby boy. So that you aren’t hosed, literally. : )

7 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Michele said...

I have some bad news for you my friend, some times baby showers don't even have alcohol! Bad times.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Liz said...

you are breaking my heart!
Angie- Take pity on me and don't have a dry baby shower.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Okay I think we need to add those pee pee tee pee things to the registry!

EW!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Vixen said...

Something for the mom like a mani/pedi would be the best gift ever! My sister has had 2 baby showers (10 years apart between kids) and do not fear smart women who through good showers have adult drinks for the non-prego! :)

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Vixen said...

I meant THROW good showers...it's late and I can't spell!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ROFL - Well Liz I can completely understand.. You will need to ask Tiff it will be a dry baby shower or not cause I know nothing.. And the last baby shower I went to I did the same thing.. I gave the mom a massage and nothing for the baby. You'll make it thru the season and maybe even have some fun!!! Love ya! ~Angie

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the one good thing about not having friends anymore is that i don't get invited to anything. can't complain about that. lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home