Friday, October 14, 2005

Dining for One

Dinner for one

Feast Three- Bon Appetit!

Appetizer
What is your middle name? Would you change any of your names if you could? If so, what would you like to be called?

My middle name is Joann. I was named after my grandmother and her twin. So while its very cool that I was named after twins, the fact that my name a bazillion letters long is ANNOYING. The standing joke with my friends is that I won't marry for love, I will marry for a shorter last name. I mean seriously, my full name is longer than the alphabet. Can you imagine me in 1st grade when you learn all your name spelling? Umm teacher, how do I spell my last name. Teacher:Hell if I know kid. Obviously you can't do anything about your last name. But I wish my parents had gone with Option #2 which was Jade, but of course I couldn't be Jade Joann, but Jade Elizabeth wouldn't have sucked so bad.

Soup
If you were a fashion designer, which fabrics, colors, and styles would you probably use the most?
Good Lord, this is a hard question. I would stick with classic lines and flattering shapes, for normal shaped girls. Healthly gorgeous women with curves. I love cotton, linen, wool, pretty much anything but spandex. I want clothes that suggest curves, without clinging to them. I love bright colors and always the standard black. Its a staple, you can't avoid it.

Salad
What is your least favorite chore and why?
I don't have just one, there are two of my LEAST favorite chores. One, Dishes, I hate them, and I can't explain the driving force behind the hate but I do. Two, Laundry, I live in a place that has coin-op laundry, so the idea that I have to HAUL ( Did I mention that I have a nasty habit of leaving my laundry until the absolute last moment)my laundry down and spend money to do it, it truly unappealing.

Main Course
What is something that really frightens you, and you can trace it back to an event in your life?
My biggest fear growing up, was that I would never have a marriage that would even come close to the perfection my parents had. We had always been a very close knit family, we could talk openly and the love each of us had for one another and the love my parents had for each other, was palatable. Unfortunately I learned not so long ago that no marriage is perfect. My parents divorced a few months ago after 30 years of marriage. So now its a compounded fear of not finding my match and then will we even make it.

Dessert
Where are you sitting right now? Name three things you can see at this moment.

I am sitting at my desk and the three things I can see are my hands typing, my telephone, and a box of envelopes. Exciting huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home