Wednesday, August 01, 2007

It's Been To Long

For the few that check in once in awhile to make sure that my link is still active- I am here, I haven't been kidnapped by Midgets and made their Queen ( I am too tall, who knew.)

The most exciting thing going on right now is when our friend Angie will have her baby. I knew we should have started a pool. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking have heard my cell phone beep to let me know if the arrival of Little Christopher, only to find out that its some jerk sitting in his car with it running listen to sad love songs. At 1 am, I have very little sympathy for anyone other than myself.

A few new things happening, I somehow let Best Friend Tiff talk me in to meeting her at the gym at 5:30 am and I am shocked to say, I ain't so bad. On most days I wake up before the sun. I can no longer claim that I didn't know the hour of 5 am existed.


I have been helping my Dad unpack boxes that are older than I am. He is moving to Michigan and we are cleaning out my Grandmother's house. The coolest thing we have found so far is my Great-Great Grandfather's Wedding Certificate from 1893 with the original wedding photos in it. It, of course, is being saved along with century old pictures. My Great Grandmother was a genenologist for our family, there are boxes and boxes of history of my Dad's side of the family. Its been really interesting to see. I think she was able to track back 200 years.



Also over the past few months I have been taking pictures, here are a few :










Enjoy!

5 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Michele said...

She lives! And takes cool pics too!

I am not so sure you are too tall to be queen of the midgets.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Vixen said...

Glad to see your still around and the 7 dwarfs & Wicked Queen have not captured you!

I wish I could make myself get up and go to the gym...at 5pm let along 5am. Man I really need to change that too.

Moving and packing/unpacking is always cool to find things you forgot you had...good luck to your dad!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Goat said...

Think I have to agree with Michele regarding the height remark, a Queen should always be able to look down on her subjects while not making them have to crane their necks too much as they gaze upon your regalness.

Love the pictures - where did you find the race car and when were you around horse tack? Can't go wrong with Rocky either!!

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. absolutely beautiful pics.

and what kind of psychos go to the gym at 5am. that's just sick and not healthy whatsoever. lol.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

Amazing Photos!! I've been a dud when it comes to photography lately...been doing so many other things.

I'm super impressed!! 5am!! OMG. I wish I could be that disciplined. I wake up at 5 sometimes, hearing traffic and then I'm a zombie the rest of the day...lol.

I bet all those old photos and papers are incredible!! What a great find - great family heirlooms! Good luck to your dad. I'm sure you'll miss him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home