Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The New House Guest


Yesterday morning while getting ready for work I noticed a Wolf Spider on my bedroom wall, has anyone ever seen one? They are ugly and scary. Well I didn't have time to kill him, seeing as I was heading out to work and killing a spider for me takes time. I need to build up the courage. Not only because I am scared of spiders but Wolf Spiders rear up when in danger to make themselves look scarier (seriously had no problem thinking you, Mr. Spider, was scary in the first place, is rearing up really necessary?) And of course he was near the ceiling. The idea of balancing on my dresser with shoe or another weapon of choice trying to kill the REARING WOLF SPIDER, seemed like something I could save for later.

So I saved it for later, biigggg mistake. Guess who I could not find last night when I came home. Really, where is the courtesy? Why couldn’t Mr. Spider remain in his original location waiting for me to return!!!! Seeing as this was taking place in my bedroom, guess where I didn’t sleep last night? You got it, I refuse to sleep in my bedroom with Mr. Spider wandering around at his leisure, like it is a walking holiday of London. So I slept on the couch last night, and this brings me to another conundrum, my cat will not sleep on the bed with me, where shockingly, there is PLENTY of room. However I camp out on the couch and he finds a place to wedge himself, behind the crook in my knees, as if I am on a King Size bed. Please explain that to me. Does he think its safer because my range of motion while sleeping is limited? Like a couch has ever stopped me before. However the cat and Mr. Spider had definite effects on my sleeping last night. Thank you both, I promise to repay the favor later ( grumble, grumble)

4 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Yay! More posts!

Seriously, your job is to entertain me... It is, after all, ALL ABOUT ME!

(J/K for all those who might read that and who don't know me and wouldn't know I am JOKING!)

Here's my original response the spider story from this morning:

"LMAO! Never let the spider out of your sight! Grab the first hard thing you can touch - all while keeping an eye on the spider - and whack it! Otherwise you will never see it again and you'll lose countless hours of sleep wondering where it is. And it will be safely hidden watching you freaking out and taking perverse pleasure in it!"

Not that I have spent any time at all thinking about these things...

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger browser58 said...

Of course the cat won't sleep on the bed with you, he does not want to be in there with the spider. Proof that cats are smarter than people. Now some cats hunt spiders, but I have never see a cat a spider, just chase it around until the cat gets bored.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger browser58 said...

I meant to say that I have never seen a cat catch a spider

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Actually my cat is just as scared of spiders as I am. He likes to think hes not and goes to playing with it. But the moment he touches it, it sends him in to a panic and he hides.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home