Thursday, May 11, 2006

Dreaming

Apparently my subconscious is horny, v. horny. Should I include a TMI warning on this post? Nah. You will see why. For the past few weeks I have been having very vivid dreams, every night, a few different dreams every night and all centered on sex. While I don’t remember all of the dreams each night, I do remember at least one. And these dreams are pulling from what I watch or read before I go to bed. I can’t image why this is happening, is it the drastic change in weather. We went from winter to summer immediately, no spring. Temperatures have gone from the mid- sixties to the mid-eighties and practically overnight. Whatever it is the result is, sex dreams but not the fun fulfilling sex dreams. Case in point- Tuesday night I came home from dinner with mom and watched a little Sex and the City (the edited version, ie. No naked or sex scenes) then headed to bed. My dream that night was internal snippets of Sex and the City- like there was a TV set in my head, the unedited version. So strange. Last night I came home after having drinks with a wonderful friend of mine (HI Christine!!) , and took two simply sleep* and read a little before I went to sleep. The book is about a Scottish man and is time warp wife Claire. That isn’t want I dreamt about. I dreamt about a Scottish man living in my garage (I don’t have a garage). He didn’t even speak nor wore a kilt but in my dream he was Scottish. Don’t ask. The entire dream was about him and I trying to get it on and getting interrupted EVERY TIME! Whether it was because the front door was wide open, or someone was trying to get in after I locked the front door. Numerous attempts and numerous interruptions. The final interruption was my alarm which I seriously almost killed because damn it, I was at a good part in the dream and was rudely woken up!!! Here is what a dream dictionary says:
Sex
To dream about sex, refers to the psychological completion and the integration of contrasting aspects of the Self. You need to be more receptive and incorporate aspects of your dream sex partner into your own character. Alternatively and a more direct interpretation of the dream, may be your libido's way of telling you that it's been too long since you have had sex. It may indicate repressed sexual desires and your needs for physical and emotional love.
Should I be concerned that my libido is concerned about the lack of sex in my life??

* Because of the vivid dreams, I wake up feeling unrested. Therefore Simply Sleep is the answer but apparently it doesn't stop the vivid dreams.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

LOL! I want to dream about a hot scottish man! Perhaps this is all about your secret desire for a garage?

:)

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Erikhnh said...

Garage?!? Does someone need a garage built? ;)hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home