Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ok, I remember now!!!

I knew it would come to me, the morning of the wedding day Tiff and I set out to the local public beach.

At the end of the main road to the Bed and Breakfast, there was a public beach that Eva suggested. Now keep in mind I am a California girl and that means, I do not under any circumstances swim or even put my toes in the fridgid waters of the Pacific. So imagine my surprise and instant love for the waters that crashed upon the beaches in Hawaii. Apparently the water tempuratures are between 75 and 84 degrees year around. You mean I can actually get in the wter with no fear of hypothermia?? Who Knew!!!! The sand was a warm vanilla color and stretched miles. People were sparsely spread out, so you weren't laying right next to someone onless you wanted to. Spreading out our towels with sun block on we layed out to soak up those hawaiian rays. I was determined to come back with a tan. Proof that I had spent 10 days in paradise. Next on the list..... to swim in the crystal clear waters. The water was shockingly warm to this ocean novice. Grinning like a child I slowly eased out past the breaking waves. I had told Tiff that I was not going past my knees, no way no how. She nodded her head and didn't say a word until we were bobbing up and down with the water washing over our shoulders. " And you said you weren't going past your knees," Tiff claims. I had no excuse, the siren song of the waves pulled me out in the surf, farther than I had ever been before.

3 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Why do you think everyone loves hawaii!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Vixen said...

WOW! Seems like a fabulous trip so far...now I have to check out your pics! :)

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

Didn't ya love it---swimming in the ocean?? There is nothing like it...It's almost mystical/magical to me....

I bet your vacation was absolute paradise!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home