Friday, June 16, 2006

I have just spent the last 30 minutes scouring my own blog for an entry I thought I had made. It is a topic that I swore I already wrote about but apparently not. So here you go:



The Year Of Yes

My boss suggested a book for me called The Year of Yes, and of course I loved it. The base of the story is actually semi-non-fiction, the author as an early twenties girl found herself dating the same type of guy. So thus came The Year of Yes, her quest that spanned a year of saying yes to anyone (man or woman) that asked her out. The book was very entertaining and fun to read.

Inspired by the book, I decided to start my own Year of Yes, I was going to be open and think outside of the dating box. Minus the yes to women part, sorry girls, I prefer men. Call it a weakness. I thought it would be fun to open my eyes to other options and get rid of preconceived notions and old tendencies. There was only one tiny little flaw to my brilliant plan.....it actually requires someone asking you out, for you to be able to respond with a yes.

2 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger Michele said...

When exactly did this year of yes start? I think you need to say yes to more than just guys who ask. You need to say yes to social situations you might otherwise say no to, mix it up a bit, meet new people!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

I think this sounds very interesting and fun. Never know what will happen - even if no "love connection" at first -- maybe some new great friends, good networking, and some nice fun times..until just the right Hottie turns up! You'll have a blast...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home