Thursday, September 28, 2006

Local News

So lately the local news has frequently reported on what is considered a major issue in my hometown. Aggressive Squirrels, yes you heard it here folks, we have………aggressive squirrels. Apparently this one park is over run by these squirrels that will do anything to get at the food you may have, including knocking down and wrestling a four year old for his muffin. I know I should feel very bad about the traumatized four year old but this story is so freaking hilarious that I can’t help but laugh every time I think about it. Here is the story on our Aggressive Sqirrels.

On the way home last night from the donation center, I called BFTiff to complain about the brutality I had witnessed to my arms and while driving back I saw the local archorman Len Ramirez walking across the street to finish up the piece on our Aggressive Squirrels ( yep still giggling). We joked that we should test this out and were they really aggressive. All I could picture was a squirrel smackdown to get to the sandwich someone was holding. It sounds all so ridiculous and hysterical.

The city plans on a massive squirrel genocide to control future attacks. I realize that we can't have these squirrel bullies running around wrestling children for their food, otherwise we will end up with a generation squirrelaphobes. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

4 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering what the News vans were doing at Cuesta park. Maybe it is a good thing we aren't having our rehearsal lunch there afterall.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

LOL - I still can't get ove the fact that, even at 4 years old, that kid had to have been what? 50 times bigger than the squirrel!?!?!?

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

It's funny but it's also sad. The bad thing is - I'm sure people caused it by feeding the squirrels at this park. The more you feed wild animals, the more brave they are and more aggressive they become. People forget even little critters are "wild animals" and should be treated as such...

We used to get dive-bombed by seagulls in Clearwater beach FL every year on vacation...they would swoop down and steal your hotdogs, popcorn, whatever you were eating...without fear of humans.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Ya know they have always creeped me out a bit anyways! They are like rats with fluffy tails!! They must be stopped. I'm always afraid they are going to leap from a tree branch on to my head and latch on for dear life.

Thanks for the nice comment! Things are coming along! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home