Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Party Like its Saturday Night

So from reading my Weekend Cap you know that I spent the better part of my Saturday on my ass catching up on Tivo. I have to say that it doesn't really motivate you to do anything. At all. So Saturday night dinner and drinks after were really mellow, because I was exhausted, yeah I have no idea how that happened, but I was. So last night rolled around and BestFriend Tiff and I went to our favorite dive bar owned by a friend of ours. It's like Cheers, where everybody knows your name. And you wish some people would forget it.

We met with with Angie and her fella, and a bunch of people I didn't say more than 5 words to. I was on a mission to make up for Saturday night, and yes I know it was Monday. I threw caution to the wind and ordered a Flaming Dr. Pepper. What I got was a Flaming Rootbeer Float, a little different but same mission. Now for fear of burning myself I like to blow out the flame before I drop the shot in the beer. Apparently I do not know my own lung capacity, because I blew flaming liquid on to the bar and it light on fire. What do I do ? Take a step back and make Ry ( Tiff's Boy) put it out. Please don't ever rely on me in an emergency, its a proven fact that the only roll I fill is the hysterical one. Can't help it. Not one of my favorite personality traits, but what is a girl to do. So after the fire is out, I decide I want another drink that involves flames. And you know , blame my friends, they let me have another. This is was actually a Flaming Dr. Pepper. And true to form, I don't know my own lung capacity and blew a little to hard, again. This time though I managed to spray everyone standing remotely near me. And this is a very sticky drink. I was not everyone's favorite person last night. Then I ask the bartender/friend and try to find out what my third shot should be. Are you noticing a pattern here......She informs me, I think for my own benefit, that taking another shot would just make me sick. So beer it is. Then on to the next brilliant idea. MUSIC!!!!! I turned that bar in to a 80's rock bar. Gun n' Roses, Bon Jovi, Def Lepard, Billy Idol. Oh and because I love it so, a little country for me. It is absolutely impossible to dance with a full beer. I have known this for years, but I was a wild child last night and decided to prove them wrong. I think my soggy flip flop would smack me up side the head if it could, or its to drunk to do so. Thank god there were no camera's last night. I am pretty sure that I was not at my best. BestFriend Tiff will comment on this I am sure, to add to the Monday Night Horror, that was Partying Like its Saturday Night.

What can I say, I rock !

2 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Oh honey it wasn't as bad as all that!

Though kudos to Carrie for putting a kabosh on your flaming beverage mission! Damn those things are sticky!

Plus it's scary when there are flames around Angie... "oh pretty... flames!" And that's when she's sober!

Y'all rock! This is why I love my friends! And awesome on the music. I did see a few people who were NOT in our group singing and dancing along.

DAMN IT! I DID have my camera last night! I sure could have used some amusing photos for this morning!

And one of Angie's guilty face...

Priceless.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Michele said...

I'll be sure to take cover anytime you are drinking something "flaming".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home