Friday, October 21, 2005

Riddle me this Riddle me that

To add to the mysteries of the universe see if you can answer me this:

I have an ex-boyfriend (he's been an ex for about 10 years), we have dated on and off for about those 10 years too. Never longer than a few weeks, timing was always an issue. Not long ago he was in town and he called me, asked me if we could get together, translates to "I have an itch". I told him I had a boyfriend ( which was true at the time) , and he sounded dejected but said hey ok. We continued to chat on and off, both of us dating someone else. Not long ago, I found myself single again and the ex Imed me. We were chatting away and of course the obligatory " hows the significant other doing" came up. I told him that unfortunately it didn't work out and I was single again. His reply, "Good, I was jealous". HUH?? What rights do you have to be jealous, we haven't ever had anything resmbling a serious relationship. How can you be jealous??? Anyway, plans for a visit are impending between the ex and I, we start talking for frequently trying to coordinate our schedules. Somewhere along the line, I am getting the vibe that he just isn't as in to this anymore, the conversations slow down and are now at a complete stop. Now, this has happened every time and I mean every time we have started dating. Why do I put up with it, I don't know. I must suffer from some mental illness, because to be honest its not like he is the best catch. But I have always thought he was the one I would end up with, after all of the dating.

What I don't understand is what this behavior tells me is, while he doesn't want me , he doesn't want anyone else to have me either. I am to wait until he is ready. HA, sweetheart, the day you figure out how you can have your cake and eat it to, let me know. It really makes no sense to me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home