Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Holiday MeMe

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I love either especially with booze.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under
the tree?
Wrap them with gorgeous colorful bows, that I have no ability to tie.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White-I think it looks better. Though I grew up with colored lights. There was more than one argument in my house since I thought that white lights were prettier, but mom won with the colored lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Of Course, why would I ruin Ry's chance to torture me under the mistletoe.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Its a work in progress, I can't put them up in Nov. I think its against the xmas code. But for me it takes a few days to get everything up.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding
dessert)?
Crab and appetizers on Xmas eve.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
For as long as I lived with my parents, we had a tradition. My mom would be the first one up and would wake up my dad and I. The tea kettle was put on and we would open our stockings while the water boiled. After tea/coffee was made the presents would be passed out by yours truly. We would all open our presents at the same time, with piles of wrapping paper covering the floor. The dogs and cats would leap thru the wrapping paper and I would attempt to stick bows on the cats. Then my parents would all curl up on coach and survey and play with our presents.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
When I was old enough to recognize my dad's handwriting. I even remember the present, it was a fishing pole. I think it was about 7 years old.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We didn't when I was younger, but now my mom gets so excited that she can barely contain herself and we allow only one to be opened.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for
him? We have always had dogs, which translates to no cookies. Sneaky dogs!

11. Snow, Love it or Dread it?
Dread it. I was in a horrific accident at the age of 14. I have never been able to appreciate snow again. That and I hate being cold.

12. Can you ice skate?
I can, but not well.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Oh, this is a hard one. All the gifts I receive are my favorite because the people that have given them to me have put in a lot of thought to the gifts.

14. What's the most important thing about the
Holidays for you?
Being with my friends and family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I like Yule Logs, becuase they look cool.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I don't have alot of traditions now, but it has to be Tiff and my annual holiday party. Its great to see everyone!

17. What tops your tree?
A silver star.

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving?
Giving, its so much fun to see the look on a persons face when they open a gift that you have put a lot of thought in to.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
Silent Night. And pretty much any holiday carol sung by the Rat Pack.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yuck, sorry!

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Remember that time we drank too much wine or something and walked over to the Winter Lodge and went ice skating with Ann?

Good times...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home