Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Prize Winner of Idiotville

For the past two weeks I have been having car trouble of the battery nature. The first time is was the day of Tiff’s birthday. Calling on the boss to come and save my ass and take me to work. I figured she would want me at work instead of waiting for Triple A. The second time was this morning after I had successfully gotten to the gym and back to get ready for work. All decked out for work I headed down to the car and turn the key....... and nothing. After my little angry dance (thankfully none of my neighbors are around to witness my gracefulness), I call my boss to rescue my ass again. At work I e-mail Super Dad, the fixer of my house and car. We run thru the typical scenarios did I leave the lights on, dome light on, the usual things a girl might forget to do. Super Dad picks me up from work, I feel like I am high school, to go home and sort out the details and find out the damage. I hop in the driver side and turn the key and nada, zilch, zip, zero... All the lights, radio, bell and whistles go on. So my Super Dad asks me to put the car in reverse, a little test if you will. I put the car in reverse and it immediately rolls back, I had parked up on the cement stopper. My Super Dad starts to grin and I look blankly at him. He turns to me and says, start the car now. It starts like a king, like nothing is wrong. The reason....parking on the cement stopper had caused me not to out the car completely in park and therefore a mechanism causes the car to not start. Seriously I feel like the biggest idiot, I couldn’t stop laughing. What an idiot! All because I rolled up on the cement bumper. All time girly idiot move

3 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Ha ha, dad is so smart! Aren't you glad you didn't call triple A?

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

OMG! I think Ry's Bronco does that sometimes... Not all the way in park... Ha! I'm so glad it was something small!

Thanks for the morning giggle!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

Dontcha love Dads? They're the greatest :-) And usually, they just smile or chuckle and leave it at that...they don't judge or say I told you so! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home