Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Don't rely on me in an emergency...

Ok after talking about my puncture wound it jogged my memory about other wounds I have caused myself, usually while BFTiff is around to calm me down. Or in one particular case, a wound that Tiff inflicted on herself and I almost passed out. See I am not big on blood in general, even in movies. One night a long time ago, BFTiff was cutting something for dinner, I have a feeling it was hotdogs to go in our macaroni (it was the college days, zip it) and her hand got in the way. After gasping (Tiff not me) I stupidly asked to see the wound. Let’s take a break and remind you that I am not good with blood, and at this time, I was secure in my hate blood and all things gory stage. Back to the story, Tiff turns around to show me the cut and I take one look and someone has decided to spin the room. I immediately head for the nearest thing to sit on, stairs in this case, and put my head between my knees. Being the kind caring BF I love, Tiff comes over and starts rubbing my back and doing fun breathing exercises with me, like I was in labor. Let me repeat that, Tiff was taking care of me, the non-injured one. To this day Tiff still likes to tell this story in conjunction with me hurting myself.

3 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

LOL - I do love this story! It never fails to amaze me that the one who was bleeding (me) had to take care of the one who was NOT bleeding (you).

;^D Let's just say I don't love you for your cast iron stomach!

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet post Liz and it's just another example of how precious best friends are. They're one of those things you never have a lot of but that's because of how rare they really are. Friends come and go throughout our lives but a friendship like what you and Tiff have, that's like winning the lottery every day.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Aww... Shawn! Sniff, sniff...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home