Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Rant

Ok I was kidding, you are going to be subjected to a little bit of a rant. Nothing major, no need to avert eyes for fear of turning in to stone. :)

So Michele, Cate and I went to the Art and Wine Festival this weekend. Its the one of the last ones of the season and one of the biggest. At least to us locals. Now the main street which the festival is located on is a wide street when the tents are not present, but with the tents the like FanTan Alley in Victoria, BC. If you have never seen said alley, its barely wide enough for a bicyclist to get thru on his bike. So there are throngs of people at the festival and why not, they all want to get their chance to buy some truly hideous things. Its like the open air market of QVC- Home Shopping Network. Don't get me wrong some truly talented people have there art, jewelry and other things there, but I would at least 50% is attic worthy. Anyway I mentally wandered there for a moment. You are getting the picture that with narrow walkways and tons of people, it gets a little cramped. And then you add booze on top of it all. Now you have staggering drunk crowds with the ability to buy crap. Or just stop walking right in front of you because the pink feathered hat that is perfect for tea, catches their eye. We are talking Pink Flamingo pink. The Girls and I barely got two blocks in to the festival when we had have enough, no more drunk staggering irritating people. I mean there wasn't anything we needed that badly. It probably saved us a lot of money in the long run too. The one thing I did buy, was the beer glass, this year it wasn't the measly tiny one that they usually mass produce. This year it was a pilsner glass. This is funny on two counts 1) I don't drink beer, don't like it, I am not about to change my mind. 2)The volunteers that were selling the glasses couldn't for the life of them figure out why I didn't want the tickets to have the alcohol to go with the glass. And apparently as I walked away Michele informed me that the volunteers kind of stared at me and shrugged. I thought it was amusing.


Anyway, I toned down the rant a little. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home