Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Question Part 2

I went to lunch today with the boss, her parents, and her in-laws. It was a support thing with the boss, she couldn't possibly handle both sets by herself. While we were waiting for our table we ran into a colleauge ( the parents and in-laws weren't there yet) and she was wearing a loose flowing shirt, so of course the boss and I had to have the discussion after she left. During this debate all the parents walk in and over hear us and our topic of conversation. And what does Mr. In-Law say, oh Little Liz are you pregnant???? Did we not just have this conversation two days ago??? Are you kidding me! Then Mrs. In-Law looks at me and says,"Well, don't you want to be pregnant?" ( in all seriousness I might add), my boss put her arm around me and looks at her and says, " Yes, my single, unwed, non-dating having assistant would love to be pregnant." ( said with heavy sarcasm). I'm laughing at this point at the pure idiotic nature of this conversation. Why oh Why twice in one week, am I even involved in this conversation. Do I look like I am expecting?

2 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger Becky said...

People are idiots Liz....you have to come up with some answers that make them realize that, without being too obvious. I'll try to think of some for you.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

You should Google search it. I found a whole list of appropriate sarcastic replies to the question, "Why aren't you married yet?"

Yes, I was bored.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home