Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Can't Catch a Break

Yesterday was a complete fiasco, a comedy of errors if you will. It started with me over sleeping after getting home from Shasta at 11pm and missing a meeting with a client. Color me embarrassed. After calling the client and diligently groveling and making amends, I thought I had my day straightened out. I spoke to soon. That evening I had to pick my dad up at the airport, a usual task as he travels a lot. So after tracking the flight, I headed to the airport. (Please note I just said after tracking the flight). I waited in the cell phone waiting area, finally the phone rings and I head to the terminal. We agreed to meet at the Arrivals area and off I went. After a few times around, I couldn’t find him and was starting to get worried. After a few frustrated phone calls we are desperately trying to locate each other. Naming sights we are seeing, trying to figure where each other are based on traffic flow. I was trying to be scientific, people, I was at the end of my rope. I am describing everything thing I pass , we are going over terminal numbers, and that is when I should have realized our terminal numbers didn’t match. But that isn’t what tipped me off, when my dad asked me what color the parking garage was, that is when it dawned on me, we weren’t talking about the same place. I scream at my dad, where are you?!?!?!?!, he replies in complete bafflement, in San Francisco. I start crying in sheer frustration, and yell, “Well I am in San Jose.” My poor dad, he is shocked that he has been yelled at and that he has a borderline hysterical daughter on the phone. After calming down, I ask him to go inside and wait, I will be there in an hour.

Now, its my fault, I was tracking the flight and some how my mind automatically corrected the arrival location because my dad had always flown in to San Jose. It was midnight before I made it home last night and I didn’t get to catch up on my sleep, my head is still bobbing up and down like I am on that boat and I am sporting a wicked tension headache. Tonight I will hide in my cave and catch up on sleep.

1 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

Sorry to hear about your "Monday" all over again! I'm sure your Dad was very understanding. (Gotta love Dads, they're the best).

Get some rest and pamper yourself for a day or two....you'll feel better in no time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home