Friday, May 26, 2006

Back to School

In an effort to break out of my rut, I have been researching going back to school. The degrees I am looking in to are limited. The reason being is that I know myself well enough – if I am not completed interested in what I am working on, I will become disinterested and not complete yet another task. I went online and looked for online colleges. My work schedule is pretty consistent and my work is my primary responsibility, I will have to resort to online. Here are the degrees I am looking in to:

A Bachelor of Science in History

A Bachelor of Science in Interior Design


Yes, one has nothing to do with the other. But both topics interest me. Having received information on both, I am a little scared. The interior design degree is a 4 year commitment for the degree. The history, I don’t have a lot of information on yet. However I was speaking with a client yesterday and they informed me that there is an interior design program at the local community college. I would be able to Certifications of Proficiencies in the following topics:

Interior Design
Green and Sustainable Design
Residential and Commercial Design
Kitchen and Bath Design

I can also follow up with additional courses to turn the Interior Design certificate in to an AA degree.

My quandary is do I go ahead with the community college, since its close and less money, get an idea to see if this is something I truly want to do…. Yes, it sounds like I have already made up my mind, but I do want your input. I am definitely intrigued in the interior design route.

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

Wouldn't the career outlook for the interior design option be broader? There are so many directions you could go with this...

With the history degree - wouldn't the main thing be teaching? Would that entail further education or a Doctorate to teach? Just thoughts..and questions...

Ultimately you need to do what you're passionate about...and that you'll be happy with in the long-run...
Good luck!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Michele said...

You should see which classes at the JC count towards the BS, so you won't have wasted any time or money moving forward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home