Friday, July 28, 2006

Frustrated

It occurred to me last night over margaritas that I am frustrated. And on top of being frustrated, it’s my fault for having put myself in this frustrating position. Which increases the feelings of frustration to a whole new level. I am frustrated for a few reasons:

1) I feel like I am watching my life pass me by. I am not getting out there and living it. Instead I have holed up in my condo, waiting for something good to happen to me without putting any effort in to it. Well that doesn’t make sense, does it? Why do I expect something to happen while not doing anything to encourage or deserve it. Seems a little egotistical of me to have that presumption.
2) I am frustrated at my lack of drive and energy and that keeps me from going to the gym. I know that if I go to the gym it will increase my energy level and my self esteem. However the lack of energy holds me back. It’s a vicious circle and a frustrating one too.

I am trying to rack my brain for motivators to get me out there living my life and working towards a version of me that I will be happy with. Any suggestions??

5 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Goat said...

Liz, I am right there with you. I'm trying to find that motivation myself and haven't had much luck. I do hope to turn Soap Opera's (Aug 3rd) departure into something positive as it finally means that I won't have to see her all the time and maybe....just maybe find someone that can appreciate me for who I am.

It's the first step that is the hardest as you know. Take it Liz, go to the gym because you know how good it makes you feel. I miss that worn out, tired feeling I get after a good work out and I will be doing so again when I get back from Vegas. Do it for yourself!!

:)

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

Reading your posts and looking at your photos - I don't think you're letting life pass you by at all! You're going places (Hawaii), trying new things, enjoying the company of friends.. You were even brave, and self-confident and spent the last bit of your vacation on your own! I admire you for that. That takes guts!

Maybe write yourself a list of things that you'd like to do or try, that are reasonable, do-able...(Remember that book you recommended to me? "101 things to do before you die"...which I never got movtivated and bought...lol I'm the slouch!...maybe try it?)

As for the gym, I can't talk. I've stopped going due to travel, schedules and just laziness. I need to go back too. What about making a list of little rewards for yourself (inexpensive or free) that you can give yourself each weekend - for a completed week of workouts? Post it on your fridge and check them off...you can see how far you've gotten... ???

*Shrugs*?? Just ideas...
Now if I can just kick my own rump hard enough and get MY self motived...I need to do the same!!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Goat- I know you are right and whats worse is that I know the answer and am still not doing what it takes.

Retro Girl-Thank you for reminding me that I am doing things and getting out there. I tend to forget sometimes. And thank you for the ideas, they are really good ones.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Okay I think *I* am going to take some of Retro Girl'd advice!! Maybe we could work out some inexpensive rewards for the gym au deux!

And well... You know I've been strugling with this myself. Just know I'm here for you sweetie.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Monty said...

I am new to your blog, but I have some experience in this area. I decided to take up tai chi instead of using a gym after an automobile accident. This was because it is zero impact. I get a great workout, and I have more energy.

So, try tai chi. With all your new energy you can't help but do more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home