Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Then and Now

Damn- we are growing up, who said we could. This summer I will have seen three weddings and a baby shower. Everytime I think of it, it feels surreal. These are girls that I have known for a few years. And in my minds eye, when I think of them, they are the same age as the first time I met them. I catch myself for a second thinking, they can't get married or have a baby, they are to young. But really this is the time when it all starts happening. We have become grown up embarking on creating our own families and leading our lives. But I think back and I see my 15 year old self standing on a bike bridge with my friend Lexee ( who is having the baby) taking my first smoke or one of or countless sleep overs. Talking about boys we liked and the latest gossip. Now she is welcoming a baby girl in to her life. How weird!!!!

Also two of my close friends are getting married in the next couple of months. Angie who I have known now for at least 5 years. I remember the apartment that Angie and Tiff shared. Late nights eating mac and cheese ( with no milk, Tiff didn't like it,lol) and both of them (Tiff and Ang) trying to get me to watch football, me always falling asleep. My favorite memory, one boring weekend afternoon Angie and Tiff deciding that I needed to get my belly button pierced. I wasn't even asked, it was decided for me :). LOL

Michele I met in a single part of our lives. We were at the bars, going out on the town, tearing it up. I was even there the night she met her soon to be husband, but my main memories are weekends with Michele in Donner. Both of us with long hair, dressed to the nines. HA! Reno, the piano bar, haha.

I am so happy for all of them. But I will smille that little smile, remember the good old days.

3 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

It is kinda sad when you wonder where all the years went...I go home to visit my parents, and the neighbor kids who I remember being little guys are now driving, married, graduating college...YIKES!

Life moves pretty fast...If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it"
(Ferris Bueller)

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Michele said...

My how time flies huh?

BTW for some reason this entry posted twice!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

It is surreal... I think it just hit me that Angie is getting married in 9 days!

Sorry about the belly button thing though - we didn't know you'd be allergic!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home