Monday, November 21, 2005

A Few Pointers For the First Date

So I had a date this past weekend and as you can tell from the title, it didn't go so well. Though I should start this post by explaining how I met him. This is a warning to other girls as well. I met him at a local restaurant while having drinks with my galpals to celebrate one of their birthdays, which translates to a little to much to drink ( mistake #1). The girls had to leave but I was in no state to drive, so I hung out and chatted with the bartenders and a few other people in the vicinity. He was sitting across the bar from me, and we had been eyeing each other since he had sat down. Let me repeat, too much to drink. The Vodka goggles were on. But I figured why the hell not, gave him my number and went home. Now he waited the required 3 days (ala Swingers), and we made plans for Saturday (I was sacrificing a weekend night, this better be good). Here are the list of reasons that I won't be seeing him again:

1. When I called to tell him I would be late because I took a freeway farther down, the appropriate response is not laughter, its " ok, see you in a few".
2. When I arrive and you are on the cell phone the correct reaction is to hang up immediately, not hug me and say hello while still talking with your buddy.
3. Do not inform me that upon seeing me in the restaurant where we met, that you thought my friends and I were lesbians.
4. Politics isn't a safe topic of conversation on a first date under any circumstances. If you decide to proceed with this line of conversation when your date says, well lets just agree to disagree, do not continue down this line of conversation. Did you miss the part about disagree, you are in deep water at this point. Just Shhhhh!
5. When your date does not agree with your view point, accusing her of being brainwashed isn't flattering or going to get you a second date. Just so you know.

I can laugh about it now, but earlier this morning I was still heated about it. Stupid boy!

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

I rarely talk politics with my friends! I can't imagine ever assuming it was an acceptable date discussion topic!

So lame!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home