Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I Have to Ask Myself......

My very cool friend Jenny from Oregon, sent me this list of questions she wrote for me. They are to help me find a path and stick to it. Ok maybe not stick to it, but to at least make me think and outline what is important to me. And I though I would blog about in case anyone else out there feels a little lost as well. From time to time we tend to pay to much attention to the unimportant factors and lose sight of what we truly want and need.


-What kind of life do you want? I want a balance between a fulfilling family life with a husband and children and a successful career. Not to much to ask right?

-Are you looking for a serious relationship? I am looking for a serious relationship with the right person. But I refuse to settle if it doesn't feel right.

-Do you want to be married? At some point if I have met the right person, I want to get married. However I do not want to get married just to get married. Thats just signing yourself up for divorce.

-Have children? Up until recently, I wasn't sure I wanted kids. But after my nephews were born, I can't imagine not having them.

-Be a professional? I would love to maintain a professional career. I love having that responsibilty (most days) and the feeling of accomplishment. I am also not the kind of person that can sit and do nothing, I'd go crazy inside of a week.

-What physical traits are you looking for? I would like for him to be taller than me (when I am in heels), kind eyes that I can lose myself in, strong hands that are rough and callused, good teeth that are shown thru a great smile, I want him to weight more than me. I am not particular on eye or hair color , I even like shaved heads.
-What non-physical traits are you looking for? A sense of humor is huge to me, a little sarcastic, supportive, confident, sense of direction, has his own dreams to follow, independent, and every once in awhile feel the freedom to be childish.

-What is important to you? My friends, family, my independence, my view points, respect for others and their opinions, my feelings.

-Any religious beliefs? (I think it can be a HUGE source of struggle to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't believe in the things that you do.) I am not religious by nature (it wasn't some thing I was raised with), I would respect someone elses beliefs as long as they didn't push their beliefs on me.

-What are your interests? this is a tough question, I like so many things and don't do enough of them. cooking, reading, watching movies, spending time with friends, laughing, Photography, 4 wheeling, history, doing something creative ( paiting, drawing, designing), watching live sporting events, having long conversations, and being able to sit with someone and say nothing at all, playing sports, swimming, rock climbing, ridding my house of spiders, wine tasting, racing cars, riding on motorcycles...the list is long, there isn't much I don't like.

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Those are awesome questions... What does this Jenny do for a living that she is so insightful?

I may have to steal this and have a go at answering them myself.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Liz said...

She is just a smart smart girl. You would love her. She has a great sense of humor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home