Thursday, January 12, 2006

Maui Here I Come



I have EXCITING news!!! Tiff and I are going to Maui!!! Its not for another 5 months, but can I tell you how exciting I am. The catalyst to get me there is sort of funny. A co-worker/friend in my office is getting married in Maui. Now I have never been to Hawaii, so I saw this as the perfect opportunity. And Tiff is going to be my date- how cool is that?!? Best Friends in Hawaii. Tiff and I sat down last night with the goal to clean out my purses (I have nine million) and give a few to her. But of course over the weekend I bought travel guides to Maui and Oahu, so we quickly switched over to checking out places to stay and things to do. We found this great Bed and Breakfast in Kihei (South Maui) that we will be staying at. We have decided to go Snorkeling one day, we have a Luau to go to for the dress rehersal dinner of the wedding, and the wedding itself. We have also decided to go to Tedschei Winery ( http://www.mauiwine.com/) for a tour and taste pineapple champagne. Of course we will spend time sunning ourselves too. Tiffy put a ban on knitting though in Hawaii- Sh says she refuses to lose me to spinterhood ;)

On top of that, I will be spending 4 days in Oahu. Tiff will sadly depart earlier than me. And since I have never been to Hawaii, I decided to make the most of it. So I scheduled my flight to fly in to Maui and then leave from Honolulu, giving me 11 wonderful days to be spent between two islands. This give me a chance to be a history geek and see Pearl Harbor and do a few touristy things as well. The last 5 days of my trip I will be alone, but can I tell you I am excited about that too. Don't get me wrong if Tiff could stay for the entire trip, I am sure I would pee on myself from excitement. Not the prettiest of visuals, but I am trying to convey pure excitment. But I see me being alone on a trip as a huge personal goal, being comfortable with my own company. Now I already go to movies by myself and spend entire days alone. But this is a big step and I am excited and see this as a test. To get to know myself better and try to establish more faith and confidence. I am absolutely giddy. Tiff and I have never really traveled together beyond weekends at the lake, and weekends in Vegas. I see this trip as a chance to spend us time and become closer, though we are very close already. Can you picture me doing a little happy dance ? :D

Aloha!

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

SO. EXCITED!

I'm doing my own little happy dance too! Of course my boss thinks I'm totally insane... But he loves us both so he's being tolerant!

CAN. NOT. WAIT!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Holy crap I am so jealous! You are so lucky! i bet you guys will have a blast and maybe meet some hottie local guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home