Wednesday, January 04, 2006

3 Things I Learned in 2005

The title is deceiving becuase there is alot I learned in 2005 but the 3 things that I am going to talk about happen in the last 6 months, and as I get older my memory is fading :).

#1: I learned that I can care for someone but if the relationship takes a turn for the worse, I learned I can walk away. I typically am the one being left in a relationship, so to learn that I could do the leaving was liberating. To have enough faith in myself even with the hurting that the protect yourself mechanism kicked in. That I thought enough of myself to recognize I was in a position I didn't want to be and to make the decision to leave was important to me.

#2: I learned that there are men out there that will posess the qualities I am looking for. Ok most of the qualities, he sort of lacked the quality of wanting me. But hey, I am very picky so I decided this was a good thing.

#3: I learned that there are men out there that actually want me. Now if I just wanted them in return, I'd be set. But I did learned that I can not longer say no one wants me. So again positive spin.

This is the new more positive me, signing off.

3 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Tis reminds me of that old toast... I think I first heard it Richelle's bachelorette party but I know I've heard it since. I think it goes like this:

Here's to us!
And here's to the men that love us!
If the men we love, don't love us, then fuck the men!
And here's to us!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Sounds like your a smar girl! Someone will be very lucky to have you and all your wisdom!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Steph said...

The truth is, OF COURSE there are people out there who want you. We can all find someone because we all have unique and awesome qualities which someone will find amazing. The problem is chemistry. Now THAT we cannot do without.
I used to complain that I never got asked out, or that no one wanted to date me, but it was simply not true. I wasn't interested in the people who did. But that's okay. You cannot logically choose who you love, the right one will just come.
Wow, that was s soapbox! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home