Thursday, February 02, 2006

Anything Helps

I don't know if any of you have read He's Just Not That In To You, well I have and love it. It was hysterical and makes sense in a no nonsense way. Well since I enjoyed it so much and while I was getting worked up about "him" not being in to me Tiff bought me, Be Honest--You're Not That Into Him Either, because face it, I wasn't but I was still hung up on why he wasn't in to me.

I started reading the book about three weeks ago (I can't knit and read, damn it) and I am easily side tracked. But last night I finally finished the book and while I didn't feel like the majority of the book applied to me, the last three chapters were like they were telling my story. I have gotten to the point with dating that I don't want to date anymore. I am burnt out. So I have taken a hiatus and decided to enjoy my friends, family and free time more. Apparently ( per the book) I am to be commended for my hiatus because it means I didn't settle for less, just to have a boyfriend. And my path of enjoyment for the people and things on my life will make me happier and in turn attract a man that sees the real me. I was just exciting to be doing something right for once !

8 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Wow, this book sounds great. I have heard good things about it. I think your doing the right thing. Me on the other hand, I'm leaving someone because I'm afraid I'm settling. Its tough...am I just looking for greener grass? will i never be happy. Good Lord, sorry to ramble!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

I'd just like to point out that I bought the book on a whim - at Costco no less! I'm glad it turned out to be fun.

Though I totally agree (and you know this) that a happy smiling Liz will attract more boys! ;)

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

And holy hell I just realized you have a lot of pictures of us on that flikr thing! Including one of us post-swim with chlorine hair and no make-up!

Yikes!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Becky- You aren't rambling- what you are doing is very difficult. Follow your heart, it knows whats best for you.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Charlie Mc said...

stumbled upon your blog...good stuff!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Charlie- Welcome! Glad you enjoyed yourself ;)

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Vixen said...

So in the book "Your just not that into him" did you learn anything new? I'm debating if I should read it or not. I read/own "He's just not that into you", which I found really quite amusing at the excuses women make for men.

And I think dating hiatus's rock! :) Great blog!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Vixen- Thanks for visiting! The book didn't really teach me anything new. It more re-affirmed that I was doing the right thing and a little pat on the back for not settling.

It was an interesting read, knowing that there are other out there going thru the same things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home