Thursday, January 26, 2006

Quirks

As you can see I got a little carried away yesterday in the blogging. :D I had things to say people! And now.......I have run out. I know you are heart broken, how will you get thru your day without my ramblings to read. No fear, I couldn't have my faithful readers left hanging (yes I realize there are like 5 of you). So Kate listed her crazy things here and it inspired me to list my little quirks. Over the course of the past few years I have realized that I am quirky (it’s nicer that saying weird or strange). So here you go:

- While sitting at my desk (when I am not blogging) I write my name repeatedly on a piece of paper. I always use to claim that it was practice because I was going to be famous. Never did I realize it was practice to become a banker associate flooded with paperwork. The irony!

-Food is merely a vehicle for condiments. 90% of the contents of my fridge are condiments and rarely do I have a lot of food.

-I am the eyebrow nazi. I have no idea where this came from but I am obsessed with my eyebrows (and others) being symmetrical and of even shape. My old make-up artist friend use to tell me, “you know eyebrows were meant to be sisters, not twins." I am not buying it.

-I am the queen of starting a hobby and never ever following thru with it. I will take up, rock climbing for instance, I will buy all the gear and go on a regular basis for a few months then all of a sudden drop it. The weird thing is I love rock climbing. I have ton of started projects that I never got around to finishing because I lost interest.

-I can not keep to a regime for laundry. I try and tell myself that I will do my laundry every time my hamper is filled. I find my hamper, buried under a months worth of clothes, every time. Then I am stuck on an evening or weekend chained to the laundry room doing at least 6 to 7 loads of laundry. And that doesn't even include bed sheets and towels. Yes, I own that much clothing.

-I love make-up and it’s my dream to be a make-up artist. With that being said, I own enough make up to open a small store. Ok that may be exaggerating a little. However I do have make up colors that are coordinated with outfits. I even get updates from my local Stila store of events and the people that work there know me on sight.

-I am a worry wart and can get myself in a tizzy (yes it’s a word) over the smallest thing. Tiff and I talked about snorkeling in Maui when we are there this summer. I went to bed that night and spent the next two hours envisioning myself as a snack treat for a shark.

- I either have the keenest nose in the county or I hallucinate a lot. About smell. I constantly exclaim that I smell a smell that is completely out of place for where I am at the moment. I could be walking in an office building and claim that I smell French toast. Or be in a mechanics garage and smell vanilla. I kid you not, ask Tiff.

-I claim on a regular basis that I dislike certain food and then when coaxed in to trying it again, all of a sudden I love it.Michele teases me on a regular basis about the fact that I swore I hated corn and one summer she convinced me to eat corn again and low and behold I have loved it ever since. Now every time I claim that I don’t like something, Michele asks are you sure or is it like how you hate corn?

So there are a few quirks about me. Enjoy and point and laugh if you have to.

2 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Kate- Thank you so much, coming from you that a wonderful compliment. You also said the magic words, I would love to teach you about putting on make-up.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Not only did you love corn after tasting it again, I think you ate it just about every day that summer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home