Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Weekend in Detail


I know, I have become that blogger, the one that doesn’t blog (gasp). Life currently is hibernating for me. I truly spend my time between work, the gym and home. And even the gym hasn’t spurred any great stories. I do go out on occasion, I haven’t turned into a complete hermit, only a mild one. But as you saw from Tiff’s post that we at least did a few things. One of them was wine tasting in the local hills of our area. They have this event called Passport Days that all the local wineries participate in. You buy a “passport” with all the local wineries in it and you get a stamp for all the ones you visit. It’s a cheaper way to do Wine Tasting. It only costs $25 for about 40 to 50 wineries thus saving you a lot of $$. I had a great time with Tiff and Christine. Tasting wines talking about them and then laughing at ourselves for sounding so snobby. Really, I said the phrase, “It has a great nose to it.” Tiff immediately started laughing and I quickly joined in because I sounded like an idiot.
Please note the HOT red head giving us an education. You can imagine he had my full attention. The only downfall to the entire afternoon is that my Jeep started acting up and we had to leave it at a winery because it could no longer go up the steep hills without overheating. I am saving that post for Monday after my dad and I tear apart the engine.

After Tiff departed due to prior engagements, I conned Christine into showing me her jewelry skills and I made 5 pairs of earrings. I promise to take pics and post soon. Downside, I have found another addicting hobby that costs money. It’s like a candy store with beads, wires and hoops, all these options and no idea where to start! Who likes Chandelier earrings?

Sunday found Tiff and I bending ourselves into pretzels in Yoga. Let’s start with the fact that I am not flexible anymore. And my balance checked out a few years ago. At one point I couldn’t hold the laughter in anymore and let a giggle escape. But the deep breathing is very relaxing, so relaxing that you pretty much kiss off doing anything for the entire day. After yoga, Tiff and I had plans to go to the beach and walk thru a quaint little downtown. But with my Jeep out of commission, we decided to stick close to home. We ran a few errands (i.e. I dragged Tiffany to a few stores with me, she is so patient) and we indulged in nachos and margaritas. Combine with yoga and heavy breathing, I was exhausted. So we went back to Tiff’s place made more margaritas and discussed what we should do while not moving move than a few inches towards our straws. TheBoy tried to get us motivated to go bowling, play pool, anything other than giggle wildly and drink more. I kept trying to fall asleep (with margarita in hand) but the TheBoy was having none of it and kept pestering me to wake up. I finally decided that I couldn’t muster up the energy to do more that sit on a couch, so I went home. Then I proceeded to do 6 loads of laundry, so much for not having energy.

It was a good weekend spent with friends, wine and yoga. Relaxing and catching up with cute boys thrown in for good measure.

2 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Sounds like a good way to do wine tasting. You'd spend that much in napa after one or two stops.

I think you have developed a thing for redheads.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I know I have and they are trouble!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home