Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Things You See

This past weekend was the weekend of weird sights. On Friday I headed toward the bank for fun money and what do I see as I am driving towards the bank? A woman taking her, wait for it, wait for it, TURTLE for a walk. I kid you not!!!! No leash or anything but a good sized Turtle out for a stroll on a sunny Friday afternoon. I almost crashed my car, I was laughing so hard. Now a turtle doesn't walk very fast, so in the time it took me to get to the bank and back again he had walked like 1/2 a block, and I almost crashed my car again over the hilarity of seeing someone take their turtle for a walk.

Saturday was no exception.... I saw a cute guy taking his cat for a walk. Now lets talk about irony for a moment. I am going to generalize for a moment and say that most men are dog people. Its a manly thing. So when I saw this guy (a cute guy) with an orange tabby on a leash, and he wasn't dragging the cat, nor did the cat lose all skeletal structure, I was amazed, truly. If I even attempted this with my cat I would a) look like I tried to hug a chain saw and b) be dragging an orange lump on a string ( after I got the harness on of course). I tried once and barely survived.

Just thought I would share the giggles I had over this.

3 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

I used to put Bator on a leash when I let him out on the patio... He wasn't a fan.

And I can't even imagine how long it would take to walk a turtle... Who has that much time on their hands?!?!?

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Who on earth would walk a turtle! Seriously, they aren't made for speed. Do they even require/enjoy walking?

I used to be able to take Micah outside on a harness, but it wasn't so much walking him as being dragged around.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Vixen said...

Turtle's need exercise too I guess...that is too funny!

It's like the time I looked in my rear view mirror of my car and saw the guy behind me playing a harmonica for like 5 minutes at a stop light.

As you say...the things you see. Thankfully, god does have a sense of humor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home