Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Spirit

Every once in awhile its nice to be reminded that there are strangers out there with kindness in their hearts.

This morning, Thanksgiving Day morning, I had to go to the grocery store. Its like one of my biggest fears, the grocery store near or on a holiday. Its always sheer hell. But I put my game face on and dove in. Surprisingly its was very quiet, soooo thankful. Zipping around buying all the supplies for my dessert, I of course forgot a few things. Into the grocery store I went to get the few items that I had forgotten, of course while standing in line the cashier was speaking with another client, it triggered the final ingredient. Of course it is the same ingredient that the other customer happened to be looking for. So I trudged over, following the cashier and other customer, hoping there would be one for me. As luck would have it there was only one box of cookies that I and the other customer was looking for. Here is where the Thanksgiving Spirit comes in, yes its taken me awhile. Instead of the other customer shrugging her shoulders, she offers me half of the box of gingersnaps. Initially I declined thinking that oh well, I will just do without. However the customer insists and declines any payment. Her only question was, "what was I making?". It turns out that she and I were making the same desserts. It defintely made my morning and put a smile on my face.

1 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

Now that really IS nice...not too many people out there who'd do that. Sometimes people can really surprise and amaze you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home