Thursday, December 07, 2006

I am to little to be left alone

I know I have yet to post about my weekend but I thought you would like to know that while I may have gotten older, I am to little to be left alone. Tonight after flying in from Vegas ( the only thing of note that happened, ok two, there were a TON of cowboys in town for Grandaddy of all rodeos and I won $60.00 at a slot machine)I came home a little late after some catch up work and decided that I need a little food. I stuck some lavash in my toaster oven, set it to toast and walked away. Harmless right?? The next thing I know smoke is pouring out of the toaster oven. I race over and there are FLAMES, FLAMES in my toaster oven. I open the door, woohoo the flames get larger!! The only thing I can think of is Baking Soda ( thank you Angie) and trying to fling the contents of the box in to my toaster oven, which is hard considering its a small enclosed space, so I was able to put the flames out in the front but the back is burning away. I extract flaming lavash with tongs and toss it in the sink, flames are now out. And my toaster oven is...............ruined.

I am currently sitting in my house with the fans on and windows open trying to air out the haze of smoke and freezing my ass off.
Plastic bubble here I come.

3 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all I'm glad to hear that you are alright. A fire in the kitchen is never a laughing matter!

Congrats on the $$$ and I'm sure you enjoyed the cowboys in their tight jeans so it sounds like you had a good week (minus last night.)

I'm guessing the smell might take a day or two to vacate but again, I'm thankful that you and your place are alright. Hang in their Liz and keep smiling!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

OMG I am so glad you got the fire out before it became much worse! Hope your cabinets etc. didn't get too much smoke damage....I'm sure with Oust and open windows you'll be rid of the smell in a couple days...

Glad to hear You are ok!!
*hugs*

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those blasted toaster ovens... I still like the one I had 'til it croaked. Much better than a regular toaster...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home