Monday, October 31, 2005

In Today's Mail

I am sure everyone knows about MySpace and Friendster, communities to reunite with old friends and make new friends. Every once in awhile you get the odd e-mail, which makes for a funny blog. I got an e-mail today from a guy interested in a climbing partner. But that wasn't the funny part, this disclaimer came with the e-mail, " I'm not interested in a relationship right now, but if
you'd like someone to climb with, let me know.". Umm, thanks for the heads up. Ya know, just in case I fall in love with you. Does anyone else find that a little cocky to include in an introductory e-mail?

Its like saying, hi, I'm really hot and I know you are going to fall for me, but you can't because you know I just don't want that right now. Wouldn't this information come out after an initial meeting with a person. I mean I guess he wanted to be very clear that all he was looking for was a climbing partner, but if he has worded the e-mail that he was interested in climbing, I am sure I would have gotten the hint. I am a smart girl, I might have gotten the hint. But it was entertaining none the less. Can't fault a guy for being dead honest up front. I wish more where like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home