Friday, August 25, 2006

In My Prayers

I was going to make some lame joke this morning about the tragedy of the passing of my hair dryer. However when I walked in to work this morning that joke died on my lips. One of my co-workers took her own life last night. Just yesterday I sat down with her to work on a loan we had in process. Nothing she said or did indicated that she was suicidal. Yes, she was having a rough patch at the moment, however never in a million years would I think she would have taken her life.

At first I was sure it was another person by the same name. Odd now your mind does the little things to comfort you. But my fears were confirmed.

Please if there is anyone you know or yourself battling with depression, get help. I know this sounds like a commercial but coming from a family that suffers from manic depression, its no joke.

My thoughts and prays are with my co-worker and all of you.

1 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

Liz,
So sorry to hear...that is so incredibly sad.

I'm praying for my brother right now, who is battling deep depression. Thank god, after many years of it, he has finally sought help.

I too, beg anyone out there battling this disease to please be brave, please be strong...talk to your doctor, to your friend, get help. Life is worth living. You can get through it...you really can. Someone loves you and will help you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home