Thursday, August 24, 2006

Me

I can’t be anymore than who I am. I have flaws and am only human. I will at times be at the highest highs, jubilant about the most inconsequential things and then some days feel that a negative tone to your voice or a minuscule action is meant only for me. You can always expect me to be there for you no matter how small or big the problem is. But ask that you do the same for me. I ask more of myself everyday, more than you can ask of me and there are days when I can’t reach even the easiest of goals. But love me anyway. Because tomorrow is a new day with new goals, and I will strive to be better all over again. And when I am not at my best, don’t judge me as I won’t judge you. Our shortcomings are most apparent to ourselves, I am very aware of what they are and shockingly know what needs to be done. But I am the only one who can make those changes. I am fragile and strong, I weep and laugh out loud, angry and silly. It’s a wonderful whirlwind. More than from time to time I will make mistakes small and large, but I will learn from them and hope to grow from them. Everyone’s life is a learning process with good lessons and bad. And all each one of us asks is to be except for who they are and loved for the same reasons. Including Me.

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

very poignant and well said! :-)

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Thank you both. It's my first attempt at serious writing. Your praise is much appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home