Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Yesterday's Notable Mentions

Two yesterday I saw or happened that I thought are blog worthy (and I need more time to work on a larger weekend post).

First, on the way home from work yesterday I saw a woman walking down the road intently reading a flyer. She was reading it so intently that she walked in to the back of a minivan. And I don't mean clipped the corner with her shoulder, I mean walked square in to the back of a minivan. Lets add that to the list of things you shouldn't be doing while in motion. Along with chewing gum, gesturing wildly with your hands, and and my new favorite, reading.

Secondly, last night a few of us girls headed to Santana Row an ubdertrendy shopping community for Manicures and Martinis. Seriously what could be bad about this, booze and pampering, I am all over this. While patiently waiting (the martini helped with the patient part) for my turn to be pampered, I ran in to a old coworker who was there for his (yes, you read that right) mani and martini. We chatted idly catching up on a few bits of office gossip. When the conversation came to a close he exclaimed that I looked fabulous and that the hair was perfect. I smiled sweetly at him, all the while knowing that it isn't remotely even true but that it was nice to hear. Yesterday was a I look bad all around day. My skin hates me, if someone asked me if I was pregnant I would start to wonder if maybe I was due to my belly (oh but wait you need to be actually having sex for that to even happen, yes TMI I know)and then burst in to tears, my make fell very short from stellar. It was a paper bag day, when I wanted to put one over my head and count the minutes until I could try again tomorrow. Knowing that I looked Fab was a lie, it was still cute that he tried. :)

Oh and this day isn't starting so well either. I accidentally punched my rear view mirror causing it to leap off my windshield and because of that it made me aware that the glue holding the mirror was eating away at the glass windshield. We aren't talking a Muhammed Ali punch, we are more talking in the lines of an arm twitch. Oh and to top it all off ( men stop reading here) my period started. Thus the paper bag rant above.

Happy Hump Day!

5 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

I KNEW something was bothering you!! Okay and for the record? Your hair DID look cute last night. I just didn't say anything because I know it takes like 3 times longer to do in the morning!!!

:)

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hair TOTALLY looked cute last night!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

Sounds like "one of those days"..We all have them, unfortunately :-( But at least your hair looked great!! :-)

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Shawn- after all that I wrote THAT is what you picked up on. Did you not read the instructions to stop reading :D


And the other commenters: Awww shucks, thanks guys :D

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Shawn!

I thought it was also an unspoken male rule to ignore the existance of any "time of the month" type issues women have?!?!?

Also, be careful... While all of us girls are too far away to toss anything at you - the other girl you are referring to (I think) is on your coast buddy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home